Tuesday, November 14, 2006

in hibernation...

Thoughts from Dr.Blunt....

It's been more than 2 months since i've played poker in an actual card room. The last tournament i joined was a last ditch effort to come up with the bankroll for me and my fellow poker detectives. I almost made it to the final table but busted out 11th. I knew exactly how i lost it...i changed gears at the wrong times. Played too tight when i shouldve been loose...played overly agressive, too a point where it was obvious I was trying to buy my way out.

What's weird is, losing the tournament turned out to be a blessing in the sense that it forced me to a job. I end up getting lucky and land a great job for a US based compnay that just put up a back office here in the Philippines. The pay is good, i literally have days when i do nothing but surf the internet and my boss is really cool. The only problem is, i got the night shift so i cant hit the tables. Like by the weekend i miss my girlfriend and my friends so i always hangout with them instead of playing poker. I do miss playing in real poker clubs tho, there just isnt enough time.

I know eventually i'll hit the scene again regularly. In the meantime i'll continue to daydreaming about the tables.

a quote from rounders....

MIKE: In Confessions of a Winning Poker Player, Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won -- strange as it seems -- but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career." Seems true to me, 'cause walking in here I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can't stop thinking how I lost it.

No comments: